Thursday, June 26, 2014

Catch Up Time..

It has been a bit since I updated my blog so I thought I would create one post to highlight my latest adventures.

I'll start with the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah which I went to with my Grandma.  We decided to go because I almost went to the cherry blossom festival in Washington D.C. but that didn't end up working out :(  This was the first time I had gone to the tulip festival and man, the gardens at Thanksgiving Point are large!  





In May I went to Lake Powell with my family.  My favorite thing to do is spend time with my family and getting to spend the week at Lake Powell was even better.  It was a bit of a crazy trip.  The mornings started out sunny, beautiful and warm but around 11 AM the wind picked up.  We spent our days fishing, playing in the water and hiking.

Time to launch the boat
We made it!

Dad Kneeboarding

Me, my mom and Sister

My brother in law throwing an awesome flip
It is tradition to climb "Gary's Mountain" whenever we are in Lake Powell and since the water level is much lower than it used to be it took about two hours to reach the spot where we used to start the hike.  "Gary's Mountain" is a mountain that my dad Gary first figured out how to get to the top so he was the one who got to name it.



 .

 

It was a good day to hike since it was a bit cooler and breezy.  By the time we made it back to our camp the tent was blown over and there was sand everywhere inside as well as in all our food containers.  

The next day we spent fishing as it was cloudy and cool.  It then rained all night long and the rain fly on the tent broke so we tried to avoid getting wet by stuffing the corners of the tent with coolers or whatever else we could find.  We decided to leave a day early because the weather wasn't getting any better.



We got off the Lake by about noon and went to see Page, Arizona.  We found a great place for fish and chips for lunch, went to the Glen Canyon Dam and to Horseshoe Bend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment